Define your dream séjour
Do you dream of spending 2-3 months abroad? What does your dream séjour look like? Here are some questions to prompt you. Put your vision to paper!
- Why do you want to take this séjour?
- What are you hoping to gain from this experience? (inspiration, adventure, time to reflect, create, work..)
- What are your personal goals for this séjour? (learn french, take a cooking class, explore a new career path, get creative…)
- Do you have family goals for this trip? (introduce kids to foreign language, bond as a family…)
- Who will be coming with you?
- What do you need in order for this to be a good experience for the whole family? (Will you need a bilingual school? Will you home-school? Need family-friendly activities? Babysitters?)
- What time of year will go?
- For how long can you stay?
- What country or region?
- City, village or rural life?
- House or apartment? Farm house or modern house?
- Unique characteristics: access to water, mountains or vineyards?
- Weather: Hot, mild, snowy?
Now, what are you afraid of?
Write down your list of concerns – and then, write down how you can take reasonable precautions to overcome them. Here are some that I’ve worked through.
Related blog posts: