My name is Laurie. I started Séjour Travels after a truly remarkable trip to France. It wasn’t a typical vacation. It was more like a mini-move. I took my daughters out of school (with my husband’s blessing!) and re-enrolled them into a public school in a tiny village in Provence, France.
For two and a half months, we lived like locals. The girls went to school and made friends. I chaperoned field trips and organized play dates. We hosted dinner parties and I drank a lot of wine.
Along the way, my French improved – but more importantly, I regained my passion for life. This website is my attempt to share the love with all of you.
So let me give you a little tour of my website!
- Here’s a sample séjour modeled after my own experience in Puyloubier, FR.
- My consulting services are detailed here – and yes! They include helping you enroll your kids in schools, camps and other activities.
- My publishing services are here. I love fiddling around with blogs, books, photos and family videos.
- The séjour toolkit contains some of what I learned while planning my séjour to Provence. If you are interested in planning your own séjour, this is a good place to start.
- My blog chronicles my family’s travel (and other) adventures.
A few more tidbits: I currently live in the Seattle area with my husband, our two daughters and Kuba, the dog. I’m originally from Indiana, and I have also lived in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Prague and briefly, New York City. My first séjour was to Paris, then Aix-en-Provence. This summer, we’re headed to London, Prague and Lake Annecy, France!
It’s probably no surprise that I’m a bit of a Francophile. I serve on the Board of Directors at the French Immersion School of Washington. I am a member of the Alliance Francaise Seattle and the French American Chamber of Commerce of the Pacific Northwest.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope to hear from you soon!