- Sample Séjour
- Get inspired
- Define your dream
- Getting around
- Medical Care
- Staying connected
- Learn french
- Checklists and tips
Before you go
- Bills. If you haven’t already, take this opportunity to move your bills online. Be systematic and learn how to pay each bill online or via automatic debit from a credit card (preferably one that offers miles). This may take several months to straighten out, but it’s well worth it.
- Move to the Cloud. Previously known as “the Internet.” Choose your favorite method – Dropbox is my favorite – but make sure you can access all of your important information from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.
While you’re away
- Wi-Fi. The easiest way to stay connected is to confirm your rental property has a reliable Internet connection. Do a little research before you go – how accessible is Wi-Fi where you are headed? It’s nice to know that if your home’s Internet connection is not as described, you’ll be able to find Wi-Fi at a local café.
- Skype. I know it takes some getting used to, but Skype is incredible! They offer free Skype-to-Skype video calls. You can also call non-Skype numbers in the US for 1.2-2.3 cents per minute, depending on the plan you choose. A great way to stay connected to friends and family.
* There are unique challenges to planning a séjour. For more information, please check out our Séjour Planning Services or contact me.
About meHi! I'm Laurie - travel consultant and blogger. Do you want to live La Belle Vie? I can help!